Melania and the virus

micky

Nov 3, 2020, 12:46:31 AM11/3/20
Because she took off her mask at the first debat, I don't know how
seriously to take this. But here it is:

https://news.yahoo.com/melania-trump-made-her-staff-145742024.html

I repeat my prediction that she will leave him by april.

Jimmy Kauffenhak

Nov 3, 2020, 6:09:05 AM11/3/20
I don't believe anything published by the news media.  After the last four years I'm thoroughly convinced that ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MS-DNC et alia are all liars.

ZZyXX

Nov 3, 2020, 7:21:12 AM11/3/20
wouldn't that make the trump supporters?

Ed Pawlowski

Nov 3, 2020, 9:25:27 AM11/3/20
Have you found actual lies or just the ones Trump tells you are lies?
Take the NYT. Yes, they are left leaning but they also have fact
checkers to verify stories published.

Left leaning news may publish more of one type of story but that does
not mean they are a lie. Just like we tell friends our accomplishments
but not our failures.

trader_4

Nov 3, 2020, 9:57:47 AM11/3/20
That's mostly right. The media have been biased to the left for a very long time.
But that shows up more in the choice of stories, how much coverage a particular
thing gets, is it the lead story, etc. They do have double standards that
make it unfair. Like running anything negative that pops up from just
about any source that's negative on Trump, while refusing to run negative
ones on Biden. The most stunning example of that was the Hunter laptop.
The media not only would not cover it, but they ran out and found former
intel officials and "experts" who all said that the laptop had all the
hallmarks of a Russian operation. Meanwhile they ignored that the current
DNI said that US intel agencies have nothing to indicate that it's a
Russian or foreign country involved. The FBI, who has the laptop, came out
and said they have nothing to add to what the DNI said. Did the media
report that? No. The media claims they can't determine if the laptop
is real or not, so they won't cover it. Yet they all gleefully covered the
Trump tax return story just a few weeks ago. They had no concerns about
where the NY Times got it, who leaked it, was it real or fake.

rbowman

Nov 3, 2020, 9:58:00 AM11/3/20
On 11/03/2020 07:25 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/3/2020 6:08 AM, Jimmy Kauffenhak wrote:
>> On 11/3/20 12:46 AM, micky wrote:
>>> Because she took off her mask at the first debat, I don't know how
>>> seriously to take this. But here it is:
>>>
>>> https://news.yahoo.com/melania-trump-made-her-staff-145742024.html
>>>
>>> I repeat my prediction that she will leave him by april.
>>

>> I don't believe anything published by the news media. After the last
>> four years I'm thoroughly convinced that ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MS-DNC et
>> alia are all liars.
>>

> Have you found actual lies or just the ones Trump tells you are lies?
> Take the NYT. Yes, they are left leaning but they also have fact
> checkers to verify stories published.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/a-fact-checker-warned-nyt-about-their-inaccurate-1619-project-the-times-didnt-listen

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/12/media/new-york-times-1619-project-criticism/index.html

Even some of the NYT's staff couldn't stomach that dog food.

angelica...@yahoo.com

Nov 3, 2020, 9:58:52 AM11/3/20
On Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at 9:25:27 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
And, importantly, what do the news media do when someone discovers they've
published an error? They correct it. Even if it's in a little box on page 6 so you
have to hunt for it, they correct it. They don't just act as if nothing's happened.

Cindy Hamilton

Bob F

Nov 3, 2020, 11:14:59 AM11/3/20
Does Newsmax correct themselves? Breitbart?

Peeler

Nov 3, 2020, 12:07:05 PM11/3/20
On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 07:58:02 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

>> Have you found actual lies or just the ones Trump tells you are lies?
>> Take the NYT. Yes, they are left leaning but they also have fact
>> checkers to verify stories published.
>
> https://www.dailywire.com/news/a-fact-checker-warned-nyt-about-their-inaccurate-1619-project-the-times-didnt-listen
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/12/media/new-york-times-1619-project-criticism/index.html
>
> Even some of the NYT's staff couldn't stomach that dog food.

Nobody of those involved mentioned the word "lie" in that context,
lowbrowwoman. Just experts disagreeing with each other, senile covidtard who
lied that wearing masks can be more dangerous than not wearing masks because
of the aerosol splitting up and staying in the air when masks are worn!
<VBG>

micky

Nov 3, 2020, 1:31:16 PM11/3/20
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 3 Nov 2020 06:58:47 -0800 (PST),
And sometimes they fire the writer. In one case, the NYT, I think it
was, fired s reporter who by some standards barely lied at all. He took
facts from several people and combined them and attributed them to one
person. But it was false that any one person had all of those facts,
and they fired him.

There was another case in the news where some other paper fired someone
for something "small".

Bob F

Nov 3, 2020, 1:52:31 PM11/3/20
Because they do not parrot every Repub lie?

Shadow

Nov 4, 2020, 2:41:11 PM11/4/20
She said "news media", not "propaganda machines".
Where would Breitbart hide hundreds of little "we lied to you"
boxes?
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004